8 Chicken Fillets (breasts or thighs)
Salt and Pepper
60g Parmesan Cheese
Bolognaise Sauce (store brought or homemade)
250g Grated Cheese
oil (for shallow frying)
1. Flatten out the chicken fillets
2. Combine flour and salt and pepper in one bowl. Break eggs in another container and beat until combined. In another bowl combine selected herbs, parmesan cheese and herbs.
3. Cover fillets first in flour, dust off, then in egg, drip off then into the bread crumb mixture.
4. Shallow Fry schnitzels in frypan until golden brown.
5. Transfer Schitzels to a baking tray. Ensure they are only 1 layer. Spoon over 1-2 tbs of chosen bolognaise sauce or pasatta and then cover liberally with grated cheese.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes at 180*C or until cheese has melted and turning golden and schnitzels are fully cooked through.